Society “Our Children” Opatija (DND Opatija)
Stubište Lipovica 2
Contact person: Antonia Katić
+385 (0)51/272 443
+385 (0)51/272 443
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
Society “Our Children” Opatija (DND Opatija), established in 1952, is a non-governmental association designing and implementing activities with and for children in their leisure time.
The goals of DND Opatija are:
• to realize the rights of the child and children participation,
• to organize children's activities in their free time,
• helping parents and children in the development and upbringing of their child,
• promoting the value of volunteer work from the earliest days.
• We particularly emphasize the work of our Hummingbird Workshop/Playroom for children with disabilities who are integrated into all activities we offer to children and the work of our Children's forums and the Children's City Council of the City of Opatija.
• Participation in the research on the Children participation in the budget-related decision-making processes -examples of good practice in cooperation with the Plan International organizations and the Children's Rights Center at the University of Queen's Belfast.
• Participation and presentation of our work in international conferences
• Since 2006, we have been actively involved in the worldwide project Tapori, which aim is fighting poverty and social exclusion of children in the world.
• We were actively involved, in 2013, in the campaign of the Eurochips Organization, the European Committee for Children whose parents are in prison, under the title "Crime is not mine, but the punishment is".
• We started a campaign “Become a Child Rights Champion” and “Vote for Children” which was launched by 14 International and European organizations for children rights to encourage members of the European Parliament to accept and sign the Manifest of Children’s rights.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.