Rural Women Development Center (RUWDEC)
Opposite Brigade Great Soppo Buea
P O BOX 40 Buea - South West Region
Portavoz: Nyandoh Paho Tadfor
+237 650 751 187; +237 659 030 467; +237 6777 704 96
- Proyecto colectivo/comunal
- Proyecto de medio ambiente
- Derechos humanos
- Lugar donde pernoctar
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Rural Women Development Center - RUWDEC provides capacity building opportunities for rural women as solar engineers to contribute in providing energy solutions adaptable to community needs around agriculture household electrification and education. For participation/sponsorship/partnership contact: email@example.com (+237) 650751187 / 659030467
Rural Women Development Center (RUWDEC) is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization that aims at improving the living standard of the local communities for sustainable development. RUWDEC was created in 1996 and registered in 2000.
A world where the livelihood of rural communities especially women, youths, orphans and vulnerable children remain self-sustaining.
Our Mission Statement:
RUWDEC promotes and supports women empowerment, community health development and management, economic empowerment of vulnerable groups, wealth creation, environmental conservation and natural resource management, training and advocacy.
• Promote and foster gender equality including women’s rights.
• Awareness creation and empowerment of communities on Community health with a focus on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS and substance abuse (smoking, alcohol and other drugs).
• Promote environmental protection and the sustainable use of natural resources. Build capacity and transfer of appropriate technology.
• Promote Family Life Education Programs (FLEP).
• Women Empowerment: RUWDEC aims to empower women by providing a way for them to empower themselves and take action to improve their own social, economic, and political condition. This is done through providing agricultural information for improved food production, Income generating activities, training on management skills, gender, small business management skills, group dynamics, project planning and management, financial management and advocacy
• HIV / AIDS: The objectives of this programme are to increase awareness on the consequences of HIV/AIDS/STIs, ensure social and economic empowerment of PLWHA, orphans and vulnerable children, facilitate access to basic education as well as provide nutritional and medical support.
• Care and Support Services: Transport support for referrals, medical support for the treatment of opportunistic infections to PLWHA as well as food. Our home-based care volunteers in the local communities where we work carryout home visits and care, provide basic counseling, and nutritional counseling to these patients and their families. We also provide food and nutrition, vocational training for older orphans of age 13-18 years old.
• Prevention Services: HIV/AIDS Education for Children
• Endowment Fund: RUWDEC has opened up an endowment fund to provide emergency assistance to PLWHA with financial assistance to meet the emergency needs and also to help the very resource poor patients who are unable to provide funds for their tests and ARV drugs.
• Resource Center: RUWDEC has created a resource center where research is being conducted on issues about HIV/AIDS, substances abuse and other health related issues.
• Sustainable natural resource management: Promote environmental education and awareness; Foster agro-forestry and soil conservation techniques and the production of high valued indigenous fruit trees and medicinal plants; Encourage sustainable crop farming; Promote echo-farming systems for increase food production and food security.
• RUWDEC Solar Mama: RUWDEC via Partnerships provides a platfrom for semi ilitrate/ilitrate rural women to be schooled on solar energy and rain water harvesting in India.
• Emergency Maternal Care Kits and Dignity Kit to Internally Displaced Pregnant Women and Young Women in Tiko Sub-Disison: this project focuses on safeguarding Internally Displaced Young Women’s health by preventing excessive maternal and neonatal mortality and responding to gender-based violence among the most vulnerable and marginalized populations (Internally Displaced Pregnant Women and Internally Displaced Young Women) affected by the on-going unrest in the English-Speaking regions, Cameroon.
• Personalized Business Coaching for Young Women: committed to empowering dynamic and enthusiastic young women with a particular focus on teenage mothers by creating financial opportunities for them through mushroom farming and business coaching.
• MyHealth MyPriority: This project advocates for healthylifestyle and edcuates the community on: SRHR issues, Family Planning, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, HIV/AIDS, and Non-communicable Diseases.
• D’ Girls Initiative – D’ learning Ladder is a girls mentoring program which seeks to engage young girls to take action as well as unleash their inner-abilities so as to promote socio-economic empowerment and behavioural change among girls in our community.
• Micro credit scheme: The microcredit scheme enables beneficiaries to raise money to address family problems and send their children, especially girls, to school.
Nyandoh Paho Tadfor is the Managing Director of the Rural Women Development Center (RUWDEC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.