Association for Social Solidarity and Empowerment Training Trust (Asset Trust)
14 II Floor Muniyandi Koil Lane, Manjanakara Street,
625001 Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Contact person: Krishna Amirthalingam
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Environmental project
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Project Title "Providing free school bags, school Uniforms, Day Dresses, Note Books and Reading Materials to 70 Daily Wage Domestic Working Widow’s Girl Children for Educational Opportunities " In Madurai District, Tamil Nadu, India
70 Girl Children from Poor Economic Condition and belongs to single parents that Daily Wage Domestic working women widows, we have take firstly 70 beneficiaries of Daily wage Domestic working women in the age group of 5 to 10 aged, their mother have no proper income and guidance and for their social and economic up-liftment perhaps working as daily wage coolies in Rich farming, Houses & Non-farming, they get jobs for low wages in the untoldable and inadequate to feed the family , At present the Daily Wage Domestic Working Widow Women are the breadwinners of their families because of their widow condition, destituteness, severe poverty in poor economic background families due to without husbands and relatives, their family members & indebtedness in t
Association for Social Solidarity and Empowerment Training Trust (Asset Trust), founded in 2011, is a rural as well as urban based non-profit organisation working in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
Empowering and developing the target communities to build their own environment, necessary structures and systems, solve their own problems and issues and to have control over all round development process and their destiny through assertion of their socio-economic and political rights, to effectively use their collective power to enjoy good governance and to intervene effectively through networks of community based organizations in all issues.
A society in which all the people live with pride, prosperous, free from poverty, bondage, violence, rights violations, health hazards and health risks, and have necessary personal qualities, individual and collective infrastructures.
• Empowering women socially, economically and politically through awareness campaigns, advocacy interventions, vocational trainings and entrepreneurial initiatives.
• Liberating the children from violence and exploitation through childhood protection and promotion activities.
• Reduction of poverty and increasing the standard of life of the rural poor marginalized and disadvantaged community.
• Promoting and protecting the rights of women, marginalized, disadvantaged, vulnerable and indigenous and socially excluded people through awareness campaigns, seminars, workshops, motivational training and cultural programs.
• Eradication of poverty and enhancement of the standard of life, both socially and economically of the rural downtrodden, marginalized, disadvantaged and socially excluded masses.
• Creating a clean, healthy and unpolluted environment for the target communities.
• Creation of responsible citizens to play their roles effectively in the society and lead their life in barrier frees way
• Trainings and seminars on HIV/AIDS for students, youth children and women
• Health Camps
• Training on Female Infanticide /Foeticide
• Environmental Awareness Training
• Motivational Training to People living with HIV/AIDS
• Project Orientation & Skill Up Training and seed money to Burial ground women workers
• Educational help to physically handicapped students
• Women and Right Trainings
Krishna Amirthalingam is the Project Director and Managing Trustee of the Association for Social Solidarity and Empowerment Training Trust (Asset Trust).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.