Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch (CAMGEW)
P.O Box 17
Oku, Bui Division, North West Region
Contact person: Wirsiy Emmanuel Binyuy
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch (CAMGEW) is a community-based NGO based on the north-west part of Cameroon and created in 2007 to look for a solution to environmental and women’s issues in Cameroon.
A society free from poverty, gender inequality and unsustainable environmental practices.
CAMGEW’s Mission Statement:
We do environmental protection by strengthening the capacity of community members especially women and young people in eco-businesses and forest regeneration for livelihood improvement in the Kilum-Ijim forest area.
• Forest regeneration
• Bee farming
• Organic farming and agroforestry training
• Vocational training
• Health, human rights and nutrition training for women
• Micro credit and savings scheme training for women
• Environmental education
• Computer training for women and children
• Tree planting at the GLORES treatment centre for disabled children
• Planting of indigenous trees to regenerate the important Kilum-Ijim natural forest.
• Training and practical support for bee farming to produce the local distinctive white honey.
• Marketing training and the establishment of a shop in Bamenda (capital of the region of North West) to sell the honey, its products and equipment.
• Training in organic farming methods and raising of nitrogen-fixing trees for agroforestry.
• Vocational training in dress-making, hair dressing, shoe making and repair.
• Establishing a micro-credit and savings scheme for women and training in business management, including the use of computers.
• Training for women in health and nutrition.
• Training for communities in the basic human, statutory and legal rights of women.
• Provision of counselling and advice for women who are subjected to physical and/or mental abuse.
• Environmental and computer education for children.
• Tree planting around the new centre for the treatment of disabled children which is located in Bafoussam, West Region.
Wirsiy Emmanuel Binyuy is the Director of Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch (CAMGEW).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.