1107 LA Amsterdam
Portavoz: Charles France, Linda Morrison
- Organización de apoyo
- Política social/Discapacitados
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Able Men is a non-governmental organization for persons with disabilities, founded by a Ghanaian born Netherlands citizen, whose passion to see the disabled living more productive lives in the Ghanaian society has inspired this initiative. With that in mind, Able men assists and trains disabled persons with economic empowerment and entrepreneurial skills development to have productive lives.
Able Men is a foundation intended to support the physically disabled in Ghana. The foundation seeks to grant and empower them through livelihood opportunities that will give them a functional role in society. We provide the physically disabled with entrepreneurial skills with the primary purpose of earning a descent living for themselves.
We seek to offer entrepreneurial skill training for the disabled and raise funds to equip them to start their own businesses and become economically well-grounded.
Persons with disabilities have the right to be in control of directing the affairs of their lives. Contrary to the traditional practice whereby persons with disabilities were relegated to the background and handled by the community in a way that seems best to them; the new awakening projects the centrality of the person with disability.
This project seeks to reduce unemployment rates among the disabled and increase their economic viability. The goal of this project is to empower the disabled in society to achieve economic advancement.
• To decrease the rate of unemployment among the disabled
• To increase the number of disabled entrepreneurs and improve the quality of their lives
• Capacity Building through training sessions in sewing, bead-making, cane basketry and furniture making, among other crafts, the disabled are offered requisite vocational skills.
• Yearly exhibitions will be held during which auction sale of handiworks will be organised. Proceeds from the auction sale will be giving to graduating batch of trainees as capital for setting up on their own. Though currently starting in Kumasi, we hope to spread our tentacles to other regions of Ghana by the next five years to enable more people with disabilities access this opportunity of learning entrepreneurial skills
• From time to time, open fora will be organised to give the newly made entrepreneurs the opportunity to share their challenges as new entrepreneurs and also seek further knowledge in their respective vocations.
• Able Men shall liaison with other NGO bodies in Ghana, Africa and around the world, by partaking in conferences, seminars and workshops that bother on issues on disability, in order to be better equipped to advance the cause of this project.
• Awareness Raising: Able Men seeks to publicize their cause through information centers in rural communities, the main stream media (radio, television, print media) as well as social media in view of raising awareness of the opportunity available and giving more people with disabilities, the chance to be trained and assisted to set up business.
• Organizational development
• Monitoring and evaluation enables constant check on the activities and helps review the progress made at every step.
Charles Clement France is the Chairman and Linda Betty Morrison is the Secretary of Able Men.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.