C/o Azure Group, Level 10, 171 Clarence Street
Contact person: Lorna Parry
- Environmental project
- Media project
- Educational policy/project
Underwater Earth is a a registered Australian charity founded in 2010 by a group of ex-advertising and media execs who all share a passion for the ocean and a belief in the power of creative storytelling using innovative technology.
Vision - to reveal the ocean to the world.
The ocean, representing over two-thirds of the world’s surface area, critical to the planet’s health and wealth, is out of sight and therefore out of mind. How can anyone love and care for something they cannot see and cannot understand.
From this was born our first big idea taking Google Street View underwater.
• XL Catlin Seaview Survey - the most comprehensive survey of coral reefs ever conducted, carried out across 26 different countries
• Specialist expeditions to the many corners of the ocean including Galapagos, Monaco, Brazil, and Loch Ness (OK, so not part of the ocean);
• The capture of over 1 million panoramic images creating the world's largest underwater visual archive;
• The announcement, revealing and following of The Third Global Coral Bleaching Event which in turn, became the subject of a major Netflix documentary;
• A major exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London;
• The launch of 50 Reefs, a global plan to save coral reefs.
• Google Street View Underwater
• XL Catlin Seaview Survey
• Seaview 360 Virtual Reality
• 50 Reefs
• Chasing Coral
• The Ocean Agency - founders
Lorna Parry is a Co-Founder and Managing Director of Underwater Earth.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.