House of Hilkiah Foundation (HOHF)
Barnabas Gemade Road Behind welfare quaters
Makurdi, Benue State,
Contact person: Dorothy Akende
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
House of Hilkiah Foundation is a Nigeria-based NGO established out of passion and the need to contribute materially, socially, spiritually, dedicated to the promotion of human welfare and social reforms. The Organization is based in Makurdi, the Benue State Capital in Nigeria’s Middle Belt region.
House of Hilkiah Foundation has conducted several capacity and peace building training programs, and has also engaged women in rural areas of Benue State, especially those affected by Herdsmen attacks on rural farmers. The Foundation has also hosted trainings, providing entrepreneurship and vocational skills to young people in Makurdi. The desired outcome of their efforts is an environment that is conducive for everyone to come together, work and share ideas irrespective of social class, religion, or sexual orientation, to build a better nation.
Learn from others
Committed to the work
Women and girls
Health and Social Services,
Peace building and Conflict Transformation,
VISION: To build social capital for sustainable community development
MISSION: To create an enabling environment where possibilities, opportunities are the same for all regardless of gender, tribe, religion and race.
1. To advocate for the rights of women and girls
2. To encourage, fund and support community based environment friendly projects that generate income and create jobs for the local population
3. To educate and sensitize rural communities on endemic diseases including HIV and AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, cancer and diabetes and provide support for them
4. To encourage and support innovative approaches to existing social and educational structure for better impact on the welfare and development of children, adolescents and youth
5. To prepare the youths for leadership roles in higher education institutions, the workplace and within their communities
6. To promote peace and security
7. To help empower, rehabilitate and advocate for those in the prison.
• RISE UP is a project where the organization will be visiting the sick people in the hospital to donate items, spend time with them, to show love and care for the sick both physical and emotional and provide words of encouragement where needed.
• BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY is a dynamic girl- centered project dedicated to enhancing the quality of girls´ lives by providing programs that builds integrity, respect and self-worth for every young girl who has been a victim of drug abuse, prostitution, human trafficking, early marriage, teenage mum, cultism among others and are struggling to rise above the limitations placed on womanhood that may lead them to live a stereotype life because they don´t have any one to invest in their potentials, support and guide them from being a social problem .this opportunity will help them to learn various skills, get counselling and mentor-ship
Dorothy Akende is the Executive Director of House of Hilkiah Foundation (HOHF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.