Human Study e.V.
Contact person: Christian Schlierf
+49 (0) 911 544 30 926; +49 172 5351383
+49 (0) 911 544 30 928
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Human Study e.V., founded in 2005, is a German based non-profit organisation with more than 10 years of experience in delivering prosthetic & orthotic (P&O) education by means of a specific blended learning methodology.
Provision of prosthetic and orthotic medical care is defined by the UN as one of the fundamental human rights within the right to adequate medical treatment. Nevertheless, all relevant studies indicate the dramatic absence of trained P&O professionals providing standardized quality of service recommended by the International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics (ISPO) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Human Study e.V.’s mission is to provide contemporary educational opportunities in the areas of physical rehabilitation and the specific task of formally educating and certifying prosthetic and orthotic professionals. HS offers a quality solution for the alarming situation in the P&O field.
Our goal is to create educational opportunities in prosthetics and orthotics in regions and countries where formal and internationally recognized education in this professional area does not exist.
• Human Study e.V. uses contemporary teaching methods and tools based on distance learning (web-based) delivery of the academic content in combination with comprehensive practical education delivered through on-site workshops hands-on patients, complemented with theoretical lectures, seminars, research topics and case studies
• Our blended learning methodology effectively combines the e-learning practices with on-site hands-on clinical workshop seminars, allowing the participants to study and at the same time stay productive in their workshop facilities, treating patients and keeping a regular income.
• The educational programs that we offer are internationally recognized Category II and Category I / Bachelor Degree level programs, accredited by the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (ISPO).
Human Study educational programs:
• are available to P&O practitioners anywhere in the world
• do not depend on national education policy or significant investments in learning facilities and institutions
• are flexible, adjustable and low-cost with a practitioner-friendly approach
• have tremendous potential for multiplication
• create a sustainable base of P&O education in developing countries worldwide by educating future teachers who are able to advance education in their region.
Christian Schlierf is the CEO of Human Study e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.