AMPO International e.V.
Contact person: Ute Krüger
+49 30 6416 5504
+49 30 6416 5505
- Educational policy/project
- Aid for developing countries
- Aid organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
AMPO International e.V. is the result of the merger of the associations Sahel e.V. in Plön and Freunde für AMPO e.V. in Berlin. In order to save costs and work more effectively, the two associations joined forces in 2020.
We support the AMPO projects in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, which were founded by Katrin Rohde over 25 years ago. We want to give Katrin Rohde and her great team the attention and financial help that is needed for this visionary task. 94% of the proceeds from all our events and activities go to AMPO!
Katrin Rohde founded these projects to give life-chances to needy children and young people in Burkina Faso.
In our offices you can buy products directly from the training workshops of the AMPO facilities or from our protégés who are now self-employed.
• AMPO orphanage for boys: accommodation for about 60 boys aged 6 to 18 years; literacy school
• ANNEX orphanage for girls: accommodation for about 60 girls aged 6 - 18 years: teaching restaurant, boutique, tailoring, weaving
• House MIA / ALMA Accommodation for about 40 young women and girls in desperate situations, often HIV-positive and / or pregnant: Tailoring, batik workshop, dyeing
• P.P.FILLES - Women's Consultancy: advice on family planning, health, hygiene, women's rights;
• CINÉMOBILE: Mobile education on family planning and AIDS throughout the Sahel region of the country;
• MINI-CRÉDIT: Start your own independent life
• AMPO infirmary general practice, gynaecology, dentistry, rehabilitation, optics; House Linda: aid project against malnutrition
• Disability projects: PANGA LA WENDE - wheelchair workshop; HANDICAP MOBILE - Mobile wheelchair workshop for the disabled in distant villages
• TONDTENGA - Agricultural School: organic farm and boarding school for about 80 boys
• BENGA ZAKA - residence for trainees
• MAM DUNIA - trainee kitchen and restaurant operation
Ute Krüger is the President of Friends of AMPO
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.