Youth Trust Foundation - myHarapan
1532 Level 15 [Lift 7], Block A, Damansara Intan 1, Jalan SS20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Portavoz: Syarina Hisham
- Organización de apoyo
- Proyecto de medio ambiente
- Política social/Discapacitados
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Have you registered for “Pitch Your Business” session at Bintulu?
To entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs, PUSH enables you to expand your business efficiently. Join us at “Pitch Your Business” session where you get a chance to pitch for your business and maybe join PUSH.
Through “Pemangkin Usahawan Sosial Hebat” (PUSH) program introduced by Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre (MaGIC) in collaboration with myHarapan, entrepreneurs who wished to expand their business and at the same time to promote job opportunities for B40 community are encouraged to join this program.
Let’s join “Pitch Your Business” session held in collaboration with SMA - TEGAS Digital Innovation Hub
What are you waiting for? Register now at http://bit.ly/PUSHBintulu19
Since our establishment in August 2010, the Youth Trust Foundation, an independent Not-For-Profit based in Malaysia also known as myHarapan, is dedicated towards empowering young Malaysians by supporting youth projects and initiatives that contribute to current nation-building efforts.
We achieve this using social business as a tool and through providing various platforms and opportunities that help them scale, sustain, expand and multiply their impact.
• Youth Engagement: A multi-faceted division comprising of Outreach and Capacity & Capability Development. Outreach acts as the face of the organisation as they reach out and inspire young people around the country; Capacity & Capability Development manages the planning and implementation of the Foundation’s workshops and skills building activities.
• Funding: To support youth-led initiatives and businesses that deliver positive impact, there are 2 types of funding products offered: the Youth Action Grants and the Social Venture Fund. The former are conditional grants (micro-funding) for social initiative projects that demonstrate scalability, feasibility and ease of replication and sustainability. The Social Venture Fund, on the other hand, offers investment opportunities for social businesses and social enterprises.
• Research and Policy: Drawing upon our access to hundreds of youth leaders aged 16-30 who in turn have access to millions of youths across Malaysia, we are able to build a solid database of detailed and accurate studies, surveys and profiles. Through the results of our research, we constantly put ourselves in a better position to construct effective methods of attracting public support, creating fool-proof project mechanisms, providing the most compatible platforms and measuring accurately social impact.
Youth driven initiatives:
• Rural solutions: SUNCROX is a social business pioneered by well qualified and experienced engineers including those from Solar Energy Research Institute (SERI-UKM) in developing new products, test out fresh ideas and improve on existing models.
• Health care: HOSPITAL BEYOND BOUNDARIES (HBB) is dedicated towards improving the health of vulnerable communities in Cambodia through sustainable health care efforts.
• Environment: EATS, SHOOTS & ROOTS is a social enterprise offering products and services in permaculture and edible gardens to encourage people to grow their own food. Eats, Shoots & Roots is based on three pillars: Earth-Caring, People-Caring and Surplus-Sharing.
• Women empowerment: BLUBEAR is a social business, which aims to improve the well-being of women from the age of 12 – 46 in marginalized communities across Malaysia by building awareness campaign and addresses social health, economic, education and cultural issues.
• Sports: DISCOVER MUAYTHAI (DMT) is one of Malaysia’s pioneer social businesses in the field of sports. DMT has a unique approach to solve the problems of urban poverty problems by replicating the “Muay Thai Village” model in Cha Long town, Phuket, Thailand. DMT aims to provide employment to the youth via martial arts.
Syarina Hisham is the Assistant Manager of Integrated Marketing and Communication of the Youth Trust Foundation, also known as myHarapan.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.