A Clean Beach Initiative
PO Box 3013
NSW 2261 Bateau Bay
Contact person: Madeleine Bell
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Take 3, founded in 2009, is a not-for-profit organization devoted to raising awareness of the consequences of marine debris (and in particular plastics) on the world's oceans and the species who rely on it for survival.
Take 3’s mission is to reduce global plastic pollution through education and participation. Take 3 delivers education programs in schools, surf clubs, communities and online to raise awareness of plastic pollution and inspire action to prevent it.
We champion a very simple call to action: to Take 3 pieces of rubbish with you when you leave the beach, waterway or… anywhere, and you’ve made a difference. Every single person’s #Take3fortheSea contributes to a cleaner and healthier planet.
Our original mission has recently evolved to include ‘and promote a circular economy’. We recognise the need to defer from the traditional and wasteful ‘linear’ economy to a circular model where technical resources are valued for their ongoing contribution and recycled indefinitely and biological nutrients are returned safely to become soil.
Take 3 have a truly global impact with participation in 129 countries through social media. Take 3 have over 180,000 followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages and over 70,000 ‘#Take3forthesea’ photo tags. The Take 3 message has never been louder! Educate, participate, share the Take 3 vision for clean oceans.
Take 3 Programs
• Take 3’s Education Programs are fundamental to achieving our organisation’s mission. Our Education Programs include our Schools Program, Early Childhood Program and Surf Life Saving Clubs Project (among others).
• Each program or project is engineered to educate participants through hands-on activities and multimedia presentations. Through Take 3’s Schools Education, we work with primary and secondary schools to raise awareness of plastic pollution & waste and encourage simple actions to prevent it. Our approach is to provide students with a compelling reason to act before encouraging them to develop their own ideas to solve the problem locally.
• The Take 3 Early Childhood Program allows children to participate in learning experiences that include discussions, art and craft work, storytelling and music to introduce the problem and inspire solutions. Adopting the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), students will become mini marine conservationists, communicating their new found knowledge to families and the community.
• Take 3’s Surf Life Saving Project works with Surf Life Saving Clubs (SLSCs), with a particular focus on nippers, educating about plastic pollution, to spread at the Take 3 message and inspire SLSCs to become active in reducing the litter, waste and pollution that is so detrimental to our coastal and marine environment.
Madeleine Bell is the Communications Manager of Take 3 - A Clean Beach Initiative.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.