ICAN Deutschland e.V.
Contact person: Xanthe Hall
- Peace politics
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
ICAN Germany is the German branch of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) and thus a member of a global alliance of more than 450 organizations in 100 countries. This international alliance was launched in 2007 by the IPPNW - International Doctors for the Prevention of Nuclear War and other organizations at the Non-Proliferation Treaty in Vienna and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017.
Since 2014, the German section has been a registered, non-profit association and, according to its statutes, works towards international understanding and commitment to the proscription of nuclear weapons, disarmament and peace. Until July 2017, we supported the process of the UN treaty for a nuclear weapons ban.
What we do
• We are continuing to mobilize for the signing, ratification and recognition of this treaty as a tool to condemn and abolish nuclear weapons.
• In addition, we are fighting for the withdrawal of US nuclear bombs stationed in Germany.
• As a young player in the German peace community, we are committed to a world in which people work on conflicts without violence and respect for human dignity.
• Together with other organizations we carry out campaigns and political education.
• We organize training camps for young, politically engaged people and engage in political dialogue with the government, parliament and the media.
• We not only help with ideas on actions, but also provide the groups with background information on the political context as needed, make film proposals or establish contact with a speaker. We also provide information and promotional material, flyers, brochures, banners, T-shirts, stickers, etc.
Xanthe Hall is on the Committee of ICAN Germany and is a co-founder of the organisation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.