I AM YOU - HUMANITARIAN AID
Ritsona Refugee Camp
341 00 Ritsona
Contact person: Katina Saoulli
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
In 2015, Damian Ardestani and Rebecca Reshdouni founded I AM YOU, a non-profit movement dedicated to engaging young people in the refugee crisis and coordinating volunteer relief operations, starting in Lesvos, Greece. I AM YOU is a non-profit working with people who have fled war and persecution.
We envision a world awakened to a common humanity and strive to be the force leading the way as a global grassroots movement, sparking compassion through field work, volunteering, and dialogue.
• We serve men, women, and children who have found themselves in makeshift refugee camps in Greece, where they remain trapped in inhumane conditions without knowing when they will be able to leave.
• Our team provides a continuous presence on the ground, working tirelessly to resolve real-time needs.
• We focus on creating a sense of reconnection to regular life through vital assistance with translation, health care, and legal support, as well as play, creativity and learning. The need can either be ongoing or momentary.
• The impact of addressing and solving a problem in real-time however is permanent, providing a clear pathway to self-reliance.
• Education Support: The Education program offers non-formal education and a variety of activities to community members of all ages living in Ritsona refugee camp. Pre-School supported by the Early Care Intervention Program; Adult Education: English Language Classes, Greek Language Classes; Children´s Learning Program: Summer 2018 Program (English, Greek, Social and Emotional Learning), IT Learning Program, Library
• Access to Vital Services: Our Lifelines program provides access to information and transport services. We work with other organizations and the Greek authorities to remove or prevent any barriers to reliable information on asylum processes and camp updates as well as services such as medical and dental health.
• Social Enterprise: Female economic empowerment.
Katina Saoulli is the Executive Director of I AM YOU and Filip Soszynski is a Volunteer and HR Coordinator.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.