Bali Cantik Tanpa Plastik (BCTP) / Plastic Free Bali (PFB)
Jl. Bisma no 3, Kuda Roda Complex
80571 Ubud, Bali
Ansprechpartner: Tina Stockport
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Bali Cantik Tanpa Plastik (BCTP) / Plastic-Free Bali (PFB) is a waste prevention campaign, established in 2007, that aims to reduce plastic waste in Bali through strategic campaigns and creative education. Our message is simple - bring your own bag when shopping. Single-use plastic bags are used for just some minutes and can pollute the environment for over 1000 years
We aim to inspire a social movement of aware and responsible consumers who refuse plastic bags, and encourage others to do the same.
PFB/BCTP is currently engaged in the following areas and activities:
• Consumers: including holding booths and workshops at Bali events and education campaigns targeting Bali´s 3 million tourists per year
• Community: including projects in schools and the Balinese community and workshops to engage high-school students
• Retailers: such as our partnership with one of Indonesia´s largest supermarket chains (2009/2010)
• Regulation: PFB/BCTP with Coalition established the Responsible Retailer Roundtable (B3R) to lobby for stronger waste reduction measures
• Plastic Bag-Free Ubud: partnering with Ubudian businesses and organisations to make the home of PFB plastic bag-free
• Lobbying: including launching the "Eco-Friendly Alternatives for Retailers", a guideline of alternatives to plastics for businesses, developed in consultation with government and retailer
• Providing plastic bag alternatives: including our range of Plastic-Free Bali reusable bags
Tina Stockport is the Marketing and Strategic Communications Coordinator of Bali Cantik Tanpa Plastik / Plastic-Free Bali.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.