COEUR COMPATISSANT (COCOM)
Avenue Ebola 628
Kinshasa, Commune de Lemba
Dem. Republic of Congo (Zaire)
Contact person: Richard Lokota
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
CŒUR COMPATISSANT (COCOM), founded in 2000, is a national NGO.
COCOM improved social living conditions of poor and vulnerable Congolese population by promoting the development forth from the base through intervention.
The social promotion of the population of the Democratic Republic of Congo by endogenous and sustainable development.
Our areas of intervention:
• health and hygiene
• common education
• health: reducing child mortality, improving maternal health and combating HIV / AIDS, malaria and other diseases;
• sustainable management of natural resources;
• contribute to the management of solid and liquid waste;
• introduction of new and renewable energies;
• mmodernization and/or support of initiatives for crop production, food processing, livestock and fisheries;
• support and enhance existing educational infrastructure;
• build community capacity (indigenous peoples and local).
Richard Lokota is the Coordinator of COCOM.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field: environment, health, agriculture.