Rua Marquês de Pombal, 1
2950-693 Quinta do Anjo
Interlocuteur: Marília Fidalgo
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Bénévoles sont les bienvenus.
Alfalit International, Inc. is a faith-based nonprofit organization founded in 1961.
Alfalit offers programs in literacy, basic education, preschool, health and disease prevention, nutrition and community development, micro-credit, protecting our environment to the poorest in Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Portugal, and the United States. Alfalit reaches very poor and remote areas where other groups hesitate to go. Alfalit strives to provide high-quality, cost-effective education with compassion and respect for the people for whom we work with. Through our method of “Each One Teaches One”, our work is sustained in rural and urban area as one who learns to read and write is strongly encouraged to teach another.
Alfalit believes in:
• Love of humankind by reaching as many people as possible.
• Respecting all persons regardless of gender, race, religion and ethnicity.
• Integrity in conducting our programs and the organization’s business.
• Accountability at all levels.
• Promoting innovation within the organization and its affiliates.
• Life-long learning for personal development and growth.
• Over 7 million people have learned to read and write through Alfalit.
• Operates in 22 countries on three continents.
• The majority of Alfalit teachers are volunteers.
• Alfalit is cost effective and can teach a student to read and write for .
• 92 cents of every donated dollar goes to Programs Services.
• Alfalit enrolls nearly 125,000 students every year.
Alfalit Portugal is an affiliate of Alfalit International, Inc and has been operating since 2004. Its programs are in the developmental stages as Alfalit Portugal works toward bringing “The Light” to the illiterates in Portugal.
Marília Fidalgo is an executive director of Alfalit Portugal.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.