Aktuarwissen für Afrika e.V.
Portavoz: Guillaume Moussa
- Ayuda para países en vías de desarrollo
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
The non-profit organisation “Actuarial Sciences for Africa” was founded in 2007, with the aim of contributing towards the development of West Africa, and Benin in particular.
Actuaries are scientifically educated and specially examined experts who use mathematical methods of probability theory and financial mathematics to analyse issues in the areas of insurance, mortgages, investments and pensions. They then develop solutions, taking into account the legal and economic environment.
Providing local education
• reduces dependency on foreign experts and
• local experts can be drawn on,
whose education is ideally suited to local needs. At the moment there are 24 students doing their bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree course will be introduced in the school year 2010/2011.
In the long term, the association aims to develop a system of financing education based on private grants (education shares).
The fundamental values of the association are equal opportunities, showing initiative, social responsibility and trust in people’s abilities.
Projects: degree courses in actuarial sciences for West Africa in Benin.
• Drawing up the curriculum for bachelor’s and master’s degree courses,
• Finding lecturers to run the courses,
• The practical implementation of the education concept in Benin – for the bachelor course at the private ISM-Adonai School of Economics and for the master’s course at the state university (UAC).
• The provision of lecturers and professors on an honorary basis for some of the lectures. They only receive expenses for their flight and vaccinations.
• The provision of travel information for the teaching staff.
• The mediation of candidates and investors.
Guillaume Moussa is the president of “Aktuarwissen für Afrika“.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.