Ban Roean Ram
Center for Sustainable Development
51 M. 1 Tachang, Bang Klam
Songkhla Province 90110
Interlocuteur: Jatuporn Jitprapan
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Bénévoles sont les bienvenus.
Ban Roean Ram is a non-profit organisation for long lasting social development. Ban Roean Ram was founded in 2008 by Miss Jatuporn Jitprapan and Miss U-Thai Tongkamkeaw. It wants to be a centre of learning, of exchange and of international friendship.
In our centre, locals will learn about community development, about traditional Thai culture and folk wisdom, about our environment and nature. We hope that Ban Roean Ram will be able to transmit traditional culture and language, and the old way of living in accordance with nature. Through our projects, international volunteers and the local community will be able to learn from each other.
Ban Roean Ram wants to achieve sustainable development by a four point-program consisting of development, friendship, support and preservation.
• through education (teaching English, foundation of a library, offer of learning activities at school and in the camp,…)
• through a better income ( support of handicraft groups, agriculture groups,…)
• through health care (giving money or food to rural schools for offering a lunch for poor students, invention of a nurse to give lecture on health care,…)
• through the conservation of our environment (preservation of water, set up a recycling project, planting trees to replace a cut-down forest, …)
• In our projects, Thai volunteers, international volunteers and locals will work together
• Cultural Exchange between international volunteers and locals.
• do repair works at the temple, the school and in public places
• give food or needed items to orphans, poor, old or disabled people
• support locals in their agricultural activities and in the handling of their financial matters,…
Preserving and Conserving: We believe that conserving nature and transmitting old knowledge is an important factor of sustainable development. Therefore we encourage people to:
• preserve the language, tradition, culture, way of life
• transmit traditional local wisdom of the region
• take care of nature
International volunteers will be part of the main projects, in which they will work with Thai volunteers and locals.
Jatuporn Jitprapan (short name: Ram) is one of the founder and organizer of Ban Roean Ram.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.