Social Organization for Literacy and Agricultural Improvement
22 Brito Colony
Tiruchirapalli 620 002- Tamil Nadu
Ansprechpartner: D. Amalraj
- Alternative Ökonomie
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
The Social Organization for Literacy and Agricultural Improvement (SOLAI Trust) is a registered non-profit making voluntary social service organization established in 1999.
SOLAI Trust is working among 1250 children and 3200 women (including youth and agricultural labourers) of slums and very remote villages of Tiruchirapalli, Karur and Sivagangai Districts. The planning of the projects are done with the support of women tutors, youth and group of women leaders on a participatory basis.
Goal: To educate the children and empowering the economic, political and social status of Dalit and Backward community women and there by establishing their self-dignity and self-reliance with gender equality.
Programs and activities:
- Non formal education and literacy activities.
- Skill training for the youth.
- Health care and nutrition.
- Creating a supportive system to agricultural labourers.
- Conducting medical camp.
- Organizing women self help groups.
- Rehabilitation of sex workers.
Donations will be used for:
- to start night schools in 87 villages and appoint tutors to conduct the schools,
- to give a one time a revolving grant of RS. 10,000 to each self help group,
- to organize intensive programme to impart skill training to 400 youth in appropriate technology,
- to organize health awareness camp in 200 villages and to establish village level health committee and give them training,
- to build model school for children to become good leaders for the welfare of the community.
Mr.D.Amalraj is the Managing Trustee and Secretary of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities, offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.