Peoples Action for Development (PAD)
Ansprechpartner: Prasad, N. Rajendra
+91 452 2641805
- Alternative Ökonomie
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
PAD strongly believes, that development should be initiated from within the community and no outsiders can provide them. The role of PAD is as facilitator or catalyst, enabling people to analyse and understand various issues and help them, to help themselves.
PAD believes in 'Participatory Development' and 'Bottom up' approach. Consequently believes, that sustainable development, development that ensures the interests of the weakest sections of the community are truly represented, will only be realised from the adoption of an integrated approach. An approach that tackles poverty, health, literacy and empowerment through self-government and organisation.
Along these lines PAD is working in partnership with various donor organisations and appropriate project designed, using participatory methodologies.
PAD's vision is of a desirable state of socio-economic equity, gender justice in the family and community. A balance between economic and social development with conservation, management and sustainable use of natural resources and related eco-system require meaningful balance between local priorities and outside demands.
Their mission is:
- develop and implementation of a participatory mechanism and promotion of polices, institutions and capacities, that strengthen the knowledge and participation of the marginalised and poor, in improving their socio-economic status and in democratic self-governance in society,
- ensuring child rights by establishing positive parenting environment by educating the stakeholders and providing opportunity to children and parents,
- changing women and men status and roles in families and community and thereby narrow down the gender discrimination and bring in gender balance,
- addressing poverty and powerlessness to establish economic equality.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities, an expert guidance through trained staff and deliver a lecture in the following fields: participatory methods and marine eco system conservation. Further we can present techniques in participatory methods.