A Women Forum for Women Development
Jangareddigudem 534 447
West Godavari, A.P
Ansprechpartner: P.S.M. Lakshmi
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
SAMSKAR is working with tribal and rural women in West Godavari District, a.P., S.India. It has activities like women empowerment, education and health, income generation, environmental and AIDS awareness, herbal medicines development, child labor eradication and disaster preparedness. Its vision is to empower the women and children.
SAMSKAR selected Jeelugumilli and Buttayagudem Mandals in its service areas of West Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh. It surveyed 20 villages and found 1500 poor families, living below poverty line. It started the above programmes in 10 villages.
Some objectives are:
- to organize and undertake relief measures, rehabilitation and reconstruction programmes aimed total development of people or areas affected by natural calamities like floods, cyclones, droughts and fire accidents etc.,
- to promote community health programmes and to undertake integrated child development service programmes with the cooperation of national and international child development agencies and welfare activities for the development of deprived children,
- to reduce disability among children and adult and to undertake rehabilitation of disabled children and adults,
- to collaborate with other organizations associated and societies in India, abroad interested in similar objectives,
- to organize conferences and seminars on social and economic matters of current interest and for the benefit of rural and Tribal people.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can give an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.