MoMo Dance Theatre
PO Box 61148 , Kensington RPO
AB T2N 4S6 Calgary
Ansprechpartner: Mark Ikeda
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
MoMo Mixed Ability Dance Theatre, founded in 2003, is the only integrated dance theatre organization in southern Alberta offering performance, performance training and recreational classes for and with people of all abilities.
We consider public performance a tool for social change and the artistic enrichment of Canadian culture as a whole.
MoMo brings together professional artists and prospective artists, with and without disability to explore movement, voice, theatre, dance, and improvisational disciplines.
Artists of all abilities, skills and levels are supported and challenged in the practice, creation and performance of distinctive works of dance theatre that reflect our unique community and its individuals.
MoMo Mixed Ability Dance Theatre brings together a diverse community of artists, whose purpose it is to remove barriers and facilitate artistic expression through performance and the enjoyment of movement as a form of unique and spontaneous creation.
What We Do
• We run weekly classes at the community and more experienced, performance levels. Community classes work with creative movement and theatre games to provide a morning or afternoon full of physical activity, creative expression and plenty of fun.
• We create multidisciplinary performance works for presentation during the Calgary theatre season. Our work is both improvised and choreographed allowing the artists to explore shared ideas and intentions within each artist's range, removing the boundaries of ability by working with them to create freedom, equality and unique diverse performance.
• MoMo encourages critical discourse about integrated performance and relevant issues facing disability and the arts. MoMo supports initiatives run by other organizations with similar values.
• Tuesday Class: Tuesday Community Classes for adults of all abilities
• Youth Class: MoM0 Dance Theatre is offering creative movement classes for youth with disabilities. Dancers with developmental, neurological, sensory and physical disabilities and cross diagnosis are welcome. These exciting and fun classes focus on creativity, imagination and encourage students to be expressive in a music-filled environment.
• Wednesday Night Class: For Ensemble Performance
• Workshop: MoMo is available to teach workshops to community groups, dancers, children, adults and anyone interested in moving, expressing themselves and having fun.
Mark Ikeda is the Artistic Director of the MoMo Mixed Ability Dance Theatre.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.