Supporting Kids in Peru (SKIP)
Mayta Capac 1325, Rio Seco, El Porvenir
Trujillo, La Libertad
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Supporting Kids in Peru (SKIP) is an international NGO registered in the US, UK and Peru. We work in an impoverished district of El Porvenir, Trujillo, Peru. Our diverse team is comprised of teachers, social workers, psychologists, economic development workers and a range of other volunteers. Created in 2003, SKIP is a non-profit organisation helping economically-disadvantaged children in El Porvenir to realise their right to an education.
SKIP is a non-profit organisation helping economically-disadvantaged children in El Porvenir to realise their right to an education.
We promote quality education and foster the capacity of children and families to be the principal agents of change in their own lives.
We work in partnership with families through holistic programmes focusing on the educational, economic, emotional and social development of each child and parent.
We offer holistic support to families focusing around 2 main themes which are:
• School enrolment and supplies;
• Education programme for primary school;
• Education programme for secondary school;
• Help with homework and Library use;
• Extra school activities: Workshops; Field trips; Holiday Club
and Family Welfare:
Social work: We conduct home visits to families in order to obtain information about the families, assisting in identifying difficulties and to help them in problem solving. We also run workshops with parents on a variety of topics from health to legal.
• We run workshops for the parents on behavior management techniques. Both children and parents also attend individual or group sessions to help them cope with difficulties they are experiencing in their lives.
• Savings Program
• Business Workshops
• Handicrafts Workshops - Talleres
Health Related Campaigns
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.