United Initiatives for Peace (UIP)
P.O. Box 10183
07101 Newark, New Jersey
Ansprechpartner: Diesa Eléonore Seidel
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
United Initiatives for Peace (UIP) was established in 2008 and is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt global non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the lives of girls and women. UIP continues to create innovative programs that will offer solutions designed to sustain a peaceful global society.
Our VISION is to promote higher education, offer creative recreational programs, and encourage grassroots social reform through female empowerment in communities worldwide.
UIP believes in the power of collaboration and has partnered and worked with over 15 non-profit and service oriented organizations worldwide.
UIP actively supports the eight UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Our target is MDG 3: The Promotion of Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women. We join the pledge to make measurable reductions in extreme poverty & hunger, illiteracy, child mortality, gender inequality, HIV/AIDS spread, and other development and poverty-related targets.
• You Got Schooled (YGS): a college scholarship 3-on-3 basketball tournament for high school girls from the greater Newark, New Jersey area. The purpose is to promote higher education by providing an alternative means to earn college scholarship funds. 3 YGS college scholarship tournaments were hosted.
• G.R.A.C.E: Girls’ Reform through Artistic Creative Empowerment is a global travelling leadership summit for teenage girls. G.R.A.C.E. is a multi-tiered program instilling self-confidence through sports, teambuilding, experiential learning, and responsible civic involvement. G.R.A.C.E. envisions positive global transformation through local empowerment and hopes to create a network of young women who strive to become active exemplary citizens in their community, nation, and world. 21 G.R.A.C.E. programs were completed in 15 countries, empowering over 500 girls in marginalized communities.
• Operation Cooperation: It works directly with the needs of schools, orphanages, medical centers, and other community based facilities by providing them with supplies and goods that will help meet their service goals. 22 Operation Cooperation initiatives were implemented in 14 countries.
• Court Quest (CQ): This is a global initiative to build basketball courts in high need communities where recreational opportunities are limited. Court Quest serves as a means for social development, peace building, and positive recreational play for youth and all members of the community. 2 CQ were completed in Bukoba, Tanzania and Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica.
• Bel Kan (beautiful camp): This is an annual summer camp for girls from the greater Port-au-Prince area who were affected by the January 2010 earthquake. Bel Kan is UIP’s contribution to the ongoing relief efforts in Haiti, creating an environment of security and empowerment. The summer camp is run by qualified international volunteers and offers sports, art, dance, photography, field trips, and other creative outlets. 1 Bel Kan was facilitated in Haiti, serving 100 girls.
Diesa Eléonore Seidel is the Founder of UIP.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.