Forum of Congolese Organisations in South Africa, FOCAS
1005 Cocker Street -Gansfontein Mews 0081-Pretoria; P.O.Box 32247
2017 Braamfontein - Johannesburg
Ansprechpartner: Pascal Sundi
The Forum of Congolese Organisations in South Africa, FOCAS is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was established in 2007 as part of the global Congolese efforts to address the need for stability of the DR Congo, and the prosperity of its people, after years of war and political upheaval. It was established as a leading platform of Congolese Diaspora initiatives in South Africa to lobby and advocate on behalf of the ordinary people the cause of the nation after years of wars and ongoing crisis
• Promoting peace & stability in the DRC
• Promoting human rights;
• Advocating & Lobbying for good governance in the DRC;
• Promoting community development in the DRC
Areas of work:
• Good governance
• Human rights
• Community development
• Workshop with Congolese Diaspora in South Africa
• Meeting with Congolese representatives of political parties and civil society
• Meeting with the African Diaspora in Gauteng & the leaders of the ANC
• Protest campaigns
• The ‘Watch, Talk and Act’ Campaign aiming to draw attention to regional and international stakeholders of the massive sexual violence in the Eastern of Congo.
• Training in peacebuilding and conflict resolution
• HIV/AIDS day policy forum
Pascal Sundi is the General Secretary of FOCAS.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.