Contact person: Kinfe Firdawok
- Educational policy/project
- Aid organization
Akaki was founded in 2006 with the aim of promoting the education of young people in Ethiopia under the motto “helping people to help themselves – development through education”. In particular, we refurbish and extend schools and other establishments such as libraries, simple laboratories and workshops. We support further education courses for teachers, the creation of sport and leisure groups for young people and working groups for various school subjects such as physics and mathematics.
Akaki is based in Dresden. Its members come from various professions and all work in an honorary capacity. Private donations flow completely into the projects. A partner organisation was founded in Akaki Beseka, in order to administer the projects on the spot. Workers there are all local volunteers from various professions. The two organisations cooperate closely.
• refurbishing classrooms
• setting up a school kitchen
• setting up a laboratory / workshop
• setting up playing fields
• building sanitary facilities for the Fitwrari A.M.S. School in Akaki Beseka, Ethiopa
• supplying the library of the Fitawrari A.M.S. School with furniture and books
• pilot project "1000 books": 1000 school books for the Atse Tewodros Secondary School in Akaki Beseka
Kinfe Firdawok is the founder of Akaki.
On request we can provide other net participants with advice, up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.