Action Five Freiburg e.V.
c/o KHG Freiburg
Contact person: Samirah Rosenberg
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Action Five Freiburg is a non-profit organisation which has been supporting self-help projects in the so-called developing countries since 1981. Our work is based on the following principles: helping people to help themselves, sustainable measures, personal partnerships.
• the creation of more humane living conditions through non-material aid (education, providing information, strengthening of basic rights, promotion of self-determination, women’s rights, physical inviolability)
• the long term improvement of material living conditions (food, clothing, housing, employment, health care)
• the removal of political, social and economic dependences at a local level (fair trade, the promotion of political emancipation).
• increasing awareness (public information in Germany about specific projects and global economic dependences)
• cultural enrichment (cultural exchanges, contribution to international understanding).
Projects we support:
• Argentina – Cooperadora Charles Foucault: building of a school, health care clinic and water tower, sewing workshop, project supervision by social workers.
• Malawi – Leleni Orphan Care: improvements in the care of orphans
• Bangladesh – Dipshika: improvement of education standards, health care and medical support, creation of savings and loan cooperatives
• Tanzania – Kagondo Youthgroups: scholarships, further education projects
• Kenya: building a secondary school
• Togo: HIV information project
• Fairer Fabric – clothing campaign: past present and future of the global textile industry
Action Five Freiburg may be able to arrange work experience placements or jobs for volunteers through its project partners.
Samirah Rosenberg is on the committee of Action Five Freiburg.
On request, we can offer other net participants advice, and up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.