Peace in Action, PIA!
International Network for Peace, Development and Intercultural Relations
Ansprechpartner: Alice Uhl
Peace in Action (PIA), the international Network for Peace, Development and intercultural Relations is established as a non-governmental organization (NGO) in Austria.
Peace in Action (PIA) aims to motivate and mobilize individuals to take action, and to create momentum in building cultures of peace. Members of PIA are actively involved in projects that raise awareness about the importance of citizen action through community and cultural events, projects, workshops, trainings and independent consulting. PIA aims to bridge the gap between theory and practice in the areas of peacebuiling, development and conflict transformation, and stresses the principles of creativity, collaboration and action.
Peace in Action is a non-profit organization for public benefit, which is aimed towards:
• The formation of a global network of people and initiatives, which are dedicated to promoting a culture of peace
• The promotion of a greater understanding of development through empowerment, development work and motivation to discuss development issues
• To promote intercultural and interdisciplinary exchange
• To create a vivid connection between science and practice.
• Pieces of Peace: Pieces of Peace (POP) are Peace Education projects that enhance the knowledge and skills of students, educators, community members and families in building cultures of peace. Creativity, humour and empowerment are the guiding principles of POP projects.
• Art of Peace: Art and peace can both build bridges, create alliances, change perceptions, touch the soul and allow revolving networks. The process of creating peace is an Art – be a part! Art of Peace Projects target people’s consciousness, are always different and fun!
• Peace in Practice: Peace in Practice brings together seasoned and aspiring practitioners, promotes peace research and bridges the gap between theory and practice. This PIA-branch makes different approaches in peacework visible and promotes nonviolent methods of conflict transformation.
PIA does not provide any funding, but offers support of an international and multidisciplinary network.
PIA believes that organizations need to support and inspire each other, and share knowledge and resources.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.