The Little Shoulders Education TrustPlot 2 Main Street on Post Office Building, Jinja Municipality
P.O. 786 Jinja
|Phone No.:||+256 772 652876|
|Contact person:||Joseph Z. Mukungu|
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
Established in April 2005, the Little Shoulders Education Trust - LITSHED is a non-political and non-sectarian child-focused community service organization set up with a mission to reach out to children living in a desperate plight.
The central focus of outreach is AIDS orphans, war orphans, displaced children, street children, young people exposed to HIV/AIDS and other vulnerable children living in crisis and care giving families with special attention to those headed by grandmothers. The assistance provided is through education and training, medica and health support and home based child care services. The ultimate aim is to support these children in achieving their potential as individuals so as to become useful and respected members of the community.
We are a Community Based Organization (CBO) and not for profit organization.
The aims and objectives of the organization include the following among others:
- To address the educational needs of orphans and vulnerable children by facilitating their access to education
- To propagate family and community interventions in the crisis and concerns of orphans and vulnerable children, to provide love, protection, guidance and attention to the children's need to develop in a healthy way to become active members of the community
- To organize assistance and support programs for orphans and vulnerable children to promote welfare and ensure that the children are provided comprehensive and compassionate care
- To promote National and International campaigns and programmes about issues of major concern such as HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, Food Security, Peace, etc.
- To intensify community mobilization to mitigate the impacts of HIV/AIDS upon children
- To implement community based projects that empower orphan and vulnerable children and their caregivers
- To carry out life guard programs / projects and provide young people with educational support services and information about STDs and HIV/AIDS prevention and Reproductive Health which will allow them to make considered decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive behavior.
We are on a fund raising drive and we posted a project on Facebook web site. The link to the project is https://www.facebook.com/The.Little.Shoulders.Education.Trust
Joseph Z. Mukungu is the Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.