Planet Drum Foundation915 Montufar
Bahia de Caraquez
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Projet d'environnement
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Planet Drum was founded in 1973 to provide an effective grassroots approach to ecology that emphasizes sustainability, community self-determination and regional self-reliance. In association with community activists and ecologists, Planet Drum developed the concept of a bioregion: a distinct area with coherent and interconnected plant and animal communities, and natural systems, often defined by a watershed. A bioregion is a whole "life-place" with unique requirements for human inhabitation so that it will not be disrupted and injured. Through its projects, publications, speakers, and workshops, Planet Drum helps start new bioregional groups and encourages local organizations and individuals to find ways to live within the natural confines of bioregions.
Some of Planet Drum’s Activities
- Networking: Planet Drum provides networking services to start and assist bioregional groups, to provide resources and expertise, and to put people who are interested in particular subjects in touch with each other.
- Gatherings: Planet Drum sponsors Shasta Bioregional Gatherings in Northern California and has co-sponsored the bi-annual Turtle Island Bioregional Gathering, a North American continental meeting of bioregionalists.
- Bioregional Association: Planet Drum has helped develop the Bioregional Association of the Northern Americas. It is a membership-based organization that carries out ongoing activities needed by the growing number of groups and individuals who are concerned about life-places.
Planet Drum Foundation is seeking volunteers for its Ecological City projects in Bahia de Caraquez, Ecuador during periods from a month to six months. Work with our unique revegetation planting and maintaining native plants to reduce erosion and create habitats for birds and other animals. Join neighborhood efforts to learn and use ecological practices. Help in renewable energy development. Assist bioregional environmental education groups for children and adults. A background in environmental education and activities, Spanish language speaking ability, and cooperative living experience are desirable. However, willing hands and a desire to help restore our damaged biosphere are most important.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities.