Zimbabwe Election Support Network
(ZESN)10 Rochester Crescent
|Phone No.:||+263 4 250735/6 703956|
|Fax No.:||+263 4 250735/6 703956|
|Contact person:||Rindai Chipfunde-Vava|
- Commune, community project
- Media project
The Zimbabwe Election Support Network (ZESN) is a coalition non-governmental organization formed to co-ordinate activities pertaining to elections. The major focus of the Network is to promote democratic processes in general and free and fair elections in particular. It was also established to standardise the NGOs election related activities and methodology as well as to ensure wider geographical coverage and co-ordination of activities. The broad aim of the Network was therefore to enhance the election process in Zimbabwe in order to promote democracy and good governance in general as well as free and fair elections in particular whilst adhering to internationally acceptable standards.
The vision of ZESN is that of a Zimbabwe where principles of free and fair elections are upheld in a transparent, credible and non-partisan electoral process. Our mission is to enhance a democratic, transparent, free and fair electoral process and environment through co-ordinating activities of member organisations. Our goal is to facilitate the participation of civil society in local authority, parliamentary, presidential elections and by-elections in order to promote democratic values, transparent, free and fair electoral environment and processes in accordance with set international standards.
- To facilitate training and development of training materials for electoral stakeholders including media, monitors, observers and civic organisations.
- To monitor and observe all Presidential, Parliamentary and Local Government elections in Zimbabwe and other countries.
- To conduct democracy and voter education programmes in order to empower citizens to vote from an informed basis.
- To research on the electoral processes particularly in areas where the principles of free and fair elections have been undermined.
- To advocate and lobby for the establishment of electoral institutions and review of electoral laws and regulations that promote democratic values, transparent free and fair elections.
- To advocate and lobby for the development and adoption of a code of conduct for all stakeholders in the election process.
- To facilitate and lobby for the development of a credible voters' roll which inspires public confidence.
Ms. Rindai Chipfunde-Vava is the National Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.