Duta Awam Foundation (YDA Solo)Adi Sucipto 184 i, Karangasem
|Contact person:||Muhammad Riza|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Alternative economy
Duta Awam Foundation (called Duta Awam or YDA Solo) is a non profit organization which was born in March 1996, at Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. Founded by activists and journalists, during the time Duta Awam is a resource for poor farmers to learning and doing advocacy through Advocacy Based on Participatory Monitoring. What we are doing are to assist Indonesian farmers/peasants society to solve their problem, to secure their rights.
Our strategies are to strengthening and empowering the farmers groups in and with:
- education, research and organizing,
- developing public opinion,
- based on data,
- organization/institutional building.
What we did since 2000:
- Sustainable Agriculture - Learning Together in Developing Farmers Organization as the Base of Advocacy Movement;
- Capacity Building for 5 Villages;
- Facilitating Affected People of the ADB-Funded Community Empowerment for Rural Development Project (CERDP) Demand ADB Accountability;
- Community-Centered Advocacy to Demand Accountability and Transparency In The Indonesian Agricultural/Rural Development Projects Through Farmers' Developmental Initiatives;
- Developing & Increasing Farmers' Access To Market;
- Avian Influenza Awareness.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we offer expert guidance through trained staff and establish new contacts in the following field: farmer's issues, community development, community centered advocacy.