Research Institute for Development (RIDEV)17 rue Fo Toukam Fotso, P.O. Box 413
Bafoussam, West Province
|Phone No.:||+237 999 4085|
|Fax No.:||+237 344 4129|
|Contact person:||Sobngwi, Théophile|
- Commune, community project
- Human rights
- Educational policy/project
Research Institute for Development (RIDEV) is a Cameroon-based NGO whose main goal is to supply needed expertise for community development. We promote human dignity by helping communities build their capacity to improve their lives. We connect people, ideas and resources with integrity, mutual understanding, professionalism and respect.
Scope of activities:
- Community development: We work as facilitators, using participatory approaches including community mobilization to encourage communities to analyze their needs, identify potential solutions and resources to meet those needs, develop action plans to implement those solutions and finally evaluate their actions. We believe that collaborative partnerships are a powerful way to improve communities.
Of particular interest are: Programs aimed at the prevention and fight against STIs, and HIV/AIDS; hygiene and sanitation programs; health education and promotion; sustainable economic development.
- Capacity building: We promote sustainable economic development. We have noticed that often the beneficiaries are left out in the development process. Therefore, we direct our efforts towards capacity building. We provide the most vulnerable groups (including women and youth ages 7 to 30) with the relevant skills and motivation to enable them actively participate in development.
- Studies and research activities on development topics: RIDEV is a scientific organization. We conduct a variety of studies to collect, analyze and interpret data relating to development-oriented problems.
- Human Rights programs: We focus on the following areas: Human rights education in formal and non-formal educational settings; human rights monitoring with a special focus on information gathering, reporting and advocacy.
For other net participants we can give an expert opinion in the field of adult and cross culture training.