Abundant Life Ministry for Blind and Deaf Children (ALMBDC)P.O BOX 3
Kichu-Belo, Boyo Division, North West Province
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The Abundant Life Ministry for Blind and Deaf Children (ALMBDC) is a non-political organisation whose main focus is to provide grass root integration of the blind, partially sighted, low vision, deaf, hard of hearing into the normal school system. ALMBDC is located on a small beautiful hill of Kichu-Belo in Boyo Division of the North West Province-Republic of Cameroon between Central and West Africa.
Our main objective is primarily to provide equal educational health, and environmental opportunities to the less fortunate Cameroonians in order to eliminate illiteracy, ignorance, and poverty that have deeply rooted the rural population.
Our specific objectives are:
- To integrate the visually and hearing impaired with their normal peers in order to help the disabled children to minimise their disabilities and develop their residual abilities,
- to help the normal children on the other hand will come to discover the difficulties faced by their peers with disabilities and seek ways to assist them rather than laugh or develop negative attitudes towards them,
- to develop permanent friendship/relation and communication skills that will enable both categories of children to always live together even after elementary education,
- to provide a conclusive environment for socio-economic development at an early state,
- to provide rehabilitation to the adults/young disabled.
Education: Graduated the first batch of children who are now able to live sustainable in the community. Our teachers summon training usually involves the community and now most of the people can communicate and interact with the disabled especially the blind and deaf/orphans. The problem of rampant deaths and HIV/AIDS in the community is being controlled especially among the disabled youths/orphans and street children. The orphans and the disabled feel loved.
Development/Infrastructure: We have two permanent buildings with seven classrooms, offices and store.
Mrs. Susan Jam is the Director of the organisation.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.