PAHAL - An Initiative for Social Development36 New Vivekanand Park
144008 Jalandhar, Punjab
|Phone No.:||+91 9814866230|
|Fax No.:||+91 1812672784|
|Contact person:||Prof. Lakhbir Singh Veghal|
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
PAHAL is a voluntary organization promoted by like-minded educationists, doctors, legal experts, technocrats, dynamic entrepreneurs, enthusiastic students and effervescent youth to bring a perceptible change in the present social set-up. It is an endeavor for a better tomorrow.
PAHAL expresses the essence of living and upholds the need to appreciate the other man's point of view and to show consideration for fellow human beings. It also holds that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependant on the welfare of the society as a whole.
The over-all objective of the PAHAL is service to humanity while living one's life. It attempts to arouse the social conscience of human beings and provide them with the opportunity to work with the people around the world, creatively and constructively.
To be precise, the objectives are:
- To work with & among the people,
- to engage in creative and constructive social action and inculcate in the human beings the sense of dignity of labour,
- to enhance one's knowledge of one's own self and the community through a confrontation with reality of social life,
- to put one's scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the social problems,
- to gain skills in community development programmes and to put those skills into practice.
Areas of Action: Empowering Youth, Educational Support, Literacy, Community Development, Training For Employment, Youth Employment, Health, Gender Bias, Environment, Network of Youth, Your Participation.
Prof. Lakhbir Singh Veghal is the President of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.