Rural Center for Human Interests (RUCHI)Village Bandh, P.O. Bhaguri
173233 Distt. Solan, Himachal Pradesh
|Phone No.:||+91-1792 282454|
|Fax No.:||+91-1792 282516|
|Contact person:||Dharamvir Singh|
- Overnight facilities
- Commune, community project
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
RUCHI or the Rural Centre for Human Interests is a non-political, non-profit making organization committed to development of rural India. RUCHI was created on the felt need to have a platform with a committed workforce to initiate the process of development at the grass roots level with people's participation. Mission: Integrated Rural Development through people centered environmentally sustainable action.
RUCHI's objectives have been shaped bearing in mind the hindering effects of economic backwardness, the restricted access of villages to development programs, growing social problems like alcoholism, exploitation, ill treatment and neglect of women and over exploitation of our natural resources. Activities:
- Natural Resource Management: Natural resources can not be viewed in isolation - its linkages with the habitat where it is available, the human resources in terms of skills and traditions which are in coexistence, need to be taken care of. This sector of interface between a natural resource and a human resource through an appropriate sector constitutes a Natural Resource Management System.
- Technology Promotion and Transfer: The Council for Advancement of People's Action and Rural Technology (CAPART), Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India recognizes RUCHI as a Technology Resource Centre (TRC). Various tried and tested technologies concerning agriculture development, environmental management, health & sanitation and low cost constructions are being propagated through its TRC.
- Education & Empowerment: With a main object of education and empowerment of rural masses, RUCHI has taken four steps viz; training for human resource development, environment education, formation and working of self-help groups and exposure tours. Self-help groups (SHG) have proven to be good agents of change and give economic independence to people, women in particular, in rural areas.
- Community Health Services: With a focus on preventive health RUCHI has developed a health awareness campaign focusing on 2 vulnerable groups in society, firstly mother and child health care at both the pre and post-natal care stages and secondly health care and education for adolescent girls.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.