People Improvement Organization (PIO)No. 308, St 271, Sangkat Tomnop Tek, Khan Chamkamon, PO BOX 766
|Telefon:||+855 12 530 093|
|Telefax:||+855 23 993 194|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
People Improvement Organization (PIO) was established by Mrs. Noun Phymean and other Cambodian volunteers on April 15, 2002 and has officially been registered at the Ministry of the Interior on October 21, 2002. PIO is a non-political, non-religious, non-government organisation established to provide education to the poorest of the poor in communities in and around Phnom Penh who cannot afford public schooling.
PIO has provided basic education to approximately 2000 children at its centres in Phnom Penh since opening in 2002. PIO is run solely by Cambodians for Cambodian and aims to improve the living conditions of underprivileged people, especially girls and street children, through providing education and vocational skill training.
Our goals and objectives:
- Building non-formal education programmes which meet the specific needs of Cambodia's urban and rural populations.
- Providing advocacy on issues such as education, gender issues, violence and promoting a peaceful climate in which all Cambodians can live.
- Offering specific educational programs on sanitation and health (HIV/AIDS, Malaria...)
- Developing water supply, sanitation and allotments in areas with no basic services in the hope to plant the seeds of functional communities.
- Reducing pollution and creating an environment where families can sustain themselves through rearing animals and planting crops.
- Raising knowledge of agricultural development within communities.
- Giving seminars/information sessions outlining how to improve the standard of living of the Cambodian poor.
- Setting up saving centres (provides resources of food and education) for orphans and street children.
- Facilitates vocational training for villagers.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities and deliver a lecture in the field of "Vocational training". We are looking for support and partner around the world.