Bund für Soziale VerteidigungSchwarzer Weg 8
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique de la paix
In its function as a member association and umbrella organization, the "Bund für Soziale Verteidigung (BSV)" is intensively trying to make new possibilities for acting in conflict management known to the public and to promote corresponding initiatives of violence-free conflict settlement and civil peace service.
The "BSV" was founded in 1989 as a union of meanwhile 60 groups and organizations as well as 500 individuals coming from the peace movement. It made it its objective to work on the abolition of all armed forces and to establish civil, violence-free alternatives (social defence). Its activities are concentrated on the realization of projects and political campaigns.
Among other things, the "BSV" has developed the following activities of civil conflict settlement:
- Balkan Peace Team (long-term volunteers in the former Yugoslavia with their keypoints: work for human rights, establishment of a civil society and violence-free conflict settlement)
- Campaign "Wege aus der Gewalt"(ways to escape from violence) - 100 people learn how to act free of violence (the campaign organizes orientation courses during which "normal citizens" are informed about civil law, group competence and competence for action).
- Civil peace service (lobby work with the objective to enforce politically the promotion of education and employment of a major amount of people in civil conflict management at home and abroad)
- Training in civil conflict settlement for qualified employees, volunteers and peace services, a four-months pilot project together with the "AGDF" and "Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst" (forum of civil peace service) in spring 1997.
An institution is planned where seminars/courses in civil conflict settlement are offered for various target groups: training of qualified employees for peace policy in foreign countries as well as job-accompanying further education of multiplicators in Germany. In addition to that, we develop and plan concepts for various sponsors to realize complex projects to reduce violence on a local level.
We offer overnight accommodations. Apart from that, we can give expert advice and lectures, communicate up-to-date specialist information and arrange for contacts for a constructive conflict settlement. One of our keypoints is the preparation of concepts, organization and realization of all kinds of violence-free trainings, further education and seminars which are often carried out together with different trainers.