Sambhav Social Service OrganizationGargi House, 93-A, Balwant Nagar,
Gwalior-474002, Madhya Pradesh
|Contact person:||Dr. S.K. Singh|
- Overnight facilities
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
Sambhav Social Service Organization is a voluntary agency working in the areas of rural and urban development, child education and women empowerment through advocacy, direct program interventions and capacity building of the community to access the benefits of the State Programs. It has been actively involved in the organizing Sahariya Tribal communities to assert their rights of equality, health, food and secured livelihood and a respectful place in the society. With its inception in 1988 Sambhav has worked with the marginalized and deprived classes of the society. It works at present in eight districts in MP and UP covering about six hundred villages and habitations. These districts are Gwalior, Shivpuri, Bhind, Datia, Sheopur, Lalitpur, Tikam Garh and Chatarpur.
Mission: Striving for sustainable development processes and improvement in the quality of life of vulnerable people like Tribal, women and children through their organization and capacity building efforts.
Aims and objectives of Sambhav:
- to initiate the awakening process,
- to build up the people's organization,
- to build the capacities of the people,
- to work with the poor and oppressed and not for them,
- to encourage development of a democratic process towards people's solidarity,
- to strengthen women in the expression of their full potential and rightful place in the society,
- to try integrated and sustainable models of community health and rural development using, people's participatory approaches,
- to strengthen community voices through advocacy efforts.
Sambhav identifies community mobilization, raising income, education, primary health care, supporting community based rehabilitation of disabled persons, conservation of natural resources and advocacy for civil and legal rights as essential program areas to fight poverty in the project areas.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.