Women and Children Development Society
WCDSMarur Village, Nagandur Post, Periyathachur (Via)
Villupuram Dist, 605651 Tamil Nadu
|Phone No.:||+91 9443048158|
|Contact person:||S.P. Raju|
- Overnight facilities
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
WCDS (Women and Children Development Society) is committed to helping women and children achieve economic independence, to a better education for children and to defending their rights. Its mission is to improve the well being of poor and marginalized women and children in rural areas through awareness education, vocational training, a micro-credit system and other services.
- to work for rural disadvantaged communities, especially for women and children,
- to work for the educational development of rural children with the focus on female children,
- to initiate and strengthen village-level women's groups and to empower them by means of informal, vocational and continuing education,
- to work for the development of particular rural groups such as the disabled, orphans, the destitute, widows and widowers,
- to work for human rights - focussing on women's liberation,
- to work for the protection and preservation of natural resources, to work for the cause of children in especially difficult circumstances, to provide need-based, people-centred community health care, to promote the enactment of legislation and to bring about reforms in the existing law as it relates to women and their welfare and to work towards the implementation of the provisions by means of advocacy and lobbying,
- to collaborate with national and international agencies that are concerned with the development of women and children.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities and establish new contacts in the field of our work.