Queer Peace International28 Helene Street North, Apt 409
L5G 3B7 Mississauga, Ontario
|Phone No.:||+1 613 867 6728|
|Contact person:||Mizzi, Robert|
- Overnight facilities
- Peace politics
- Social policy/disabled persons
Queer Peace International (QPI) is a consortium of Queer (Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-identified, questioning, straight allies) individuals who are concerned with building peace and reconciliation in Queer communities around the world. Already representing Queers from 28 countries, QPI continues to outreach and network itself.
Queer Peace is a cycle of change that Queers experience in order to create a lasting contribution to a better society. In following Peace Education principles, Queer Peace enables a more proactive approach to social healing and growth rather than engaging in political responses to the varying forms of homophobia. Queers can initiate and cooperate to create opportunities of change through engaging in dialogue about how to recover from the living history of experienced violence. Essentially, Queer Peace is about peace-building and peace-making for Queer people. Its goals are three-fold:
- As an education mechanism that informs Queer people of current events in their communities and invites others to participate.
- Provides mentoring and training to Queer people or organizations in need in some fashion.
- Represents Queer perspectives at international peace forums to ensure Queer people are no longer forgotten on topics relating to development and change.
- QPI has established a working group of Queer Peace Educators around the world who are committed towards achieving Queer Peace through an online forum.
- Networked with like-minded organizations who possess Queer and/or Peacebuilding Mandates to raise the awareness of a definitive Queer Perspective on peace.
- Established a strong, highly-skilled volunteer base to continue building QPI's existence.
- Created a website as a focal point for International Queer Peace Educators to access and connect to.
Robert Mizzi is the founder of Queer Peace International.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, can give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.