Canada Safety Council1020 Thomas Spratt Place
ON K1G 5L5 Ottawa
|Phone No.:||+1 613 739-1535|
|Fax No.:||+1 613 739-1566|
|Contact person:||Archard, Ethel|
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
The Canada Safety Council is a national, non-government, charitable organization dedicated to safety. Its mission is to lead in the national effort to reduce preventable deaths, injuries and economic loss in public and private places throughout Canada. The Council serves as a credible, reliable resource for safety information, education and awareness in all aspects of Canadian life - in traffic, at home, at work and at leisure.
Focusing on safety education as the key to long range reduction in avoidable deaths and injuries, the Council serves as a national resource for safety programs, working with and through partner organizations who deliver and/or fund these programs.
Programs and Activities:
- Public Awareness Campaigns: Annual Canada Safety Council campaigns reach millions of Canadians through the media and volunteer channels with vital preventive information on: farm safety, summer safety, road safety, school safety, community safety and crime prevention, seniors' safety, home fire safety and safe driving.
- Training: The Canada Safety Council pioneered babysitter training, and is Canada's leading source for driver improvement and specialty vehicle courses. A network of 3.000 instructors delivers these courses, which are self funding through sale of program materials and industry grants.
- Publications: "Living Safety", the only Canadian-produced family (off-the-job) safety magazine, is published quarterly. "Safety Canada", the Council's member newsletter, covers traffic, occupational and public safety, and new CSC initiatives; it is also published on-line.
- To focus attention on the vital importance of safety,
- to arouse public interest and participation in safety measures,
- to publish and disseminate educational programs and information relating to safety,
- to promote and support the development of safer products and services,
- to provide incentives for leadership and to recognize achievement in safety,
- to assist in the drafting and enactment of safety legislation.
Ethel Archard is the Manager for Marketing & Communications.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.