Child Information, Learning and Development Centre23-1, Jalan 15/48A,Off Jalan Sentul
51000 Kuala Lumpur
|Phone No.:||+603 40438020|
|Fax No.:||+603 40436332|
|Contact person:||Kuna Iyngkaran|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
CHILD or Child Information, Learning and Development Centre was incorporated in Malaysia on 10 December 1984 as a voluntary non-profit making concern, funded solely from the general public and well wishers. The promoters of the company are professionals who give their services without receiving any payment or allowance, to fulfill the following five major objectives of the company:
- to provide welfare, education facilities for needy children and youth, irrespective of race, religion or creed. The special areas of attention are pre-school and primary education and the training of teachers for these classes,
- to organize and support schemes for alleviating suffering of all children,
- to give career guidance to youths so that they can be gainfully employed and provide means of participating in the creation of a better and more advanced society.
Its projects and activities are:
- Preschool project: Development of curriculum and modus operandi of training programmes for preschool teachers, and supervision of preschool classes.
- Primary School Programme: Help to establish pre-school in Tamil school, Pupils: Motivational, academic and remedial teaching, Parents: Motivational programmes and dialogues with parents, Headmasters: Course in leadership and management skills, Teachers: Refresher course to improve/innovate teaching skills, PIBG: Motivational and leadership course for PIBG members, Preschool Teachers: Leadership training programmes, Needy Pupils: Provide teaching aid and educational software.
- Post Primary Programme: Personal Development Programme, outbound activities, academic camps, educational visits, communication skills, study skills, religious camps, Thirukkural camps, computer literacy, entrepreneur skills.
- Socio Welfare Programmes: CHILD provides education and social assistance to low income families. CHILD organizes talks and discussions.
We welcome volunteers in the following areas: teach English secondary school students, write project proposals to raise money and motivation of students.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities and procure and expert information in the field of our work.