Liberians United Against Drug Abuse
LUADAMental Health Hospital Compound Duport Road
231 Paynesville, Monrovia
|Telefon:||011-231-770-267-71 (from USA),
+231-770-267-71 (from Europe)
|Interlocuteur:||Gibson, Samuel G.|
- Communauté, projet communal
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Liberians United Against Drug Abuse (LUADA) Inc. was organized in November 1992 as a local NGO. LUADA is a community based value focused organization serving the needs of the disadvantaged addicts and the Liberian community.
To further implement LUADA's mission, it is dedicated to meet the following goals:
- improve the health, social and economic well-being of individuals, families and communities in Liberia,
- encourage the development of a learning organization where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, creative aspirations are set free, and people learn to learn together,
- reduce the health, economic, legal, and social and treatment costs of drug and alcohol abuse to the individual and the community,
- encourage the development of community coalition and programs in educating, preventing and treating drug and alcohol abuse,
- promote, participate in, and conduct outcome based research to determine the effectiveness of our services.
LUADA's mission is also to serve the disadvantaged addict. LUADA articulates its mission in the core values which guide the organization's day to day operation; a willingness to improve the health of the individuals and communities, a commitment to serve those most in need , and a desire to work collaboratively with our community.
Samuel G. Gibson, Sr. is the founder of the organization, a concerned Liberian and Catholic.
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.