NAVTI FoundationLyunga Street Tobin, P.O. Box 151 Kumbo
Kumbo, North West Province
|Telefon:||+237 348 15 90, 7641647|
|Telefax:||+237 348 1590|
|Interlocuteur:||Jean Louis Bimela Shudzeka|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Condition + projet féminin
The NAVTI Foundation is a non-profit development organization with its headquarter in Kumbo, Cameroon. It is named after Mrs. Shudzeka nee Bridget Navti. Bridget Navti was a model citizen in the community and after her death in 2000, her family, together with other members in her community, came up with the foundation to continue working in her honor. The NAVTI Foundation acts as an umbrella organization together with the SBIGWEB Group and the Kismet Friendship Healthcare Group.
Its working community is largely, a rural area of about 380.000 inhabitants who suffer from the unavailability of good road network, insufficient education facilities, lack of adequate water and electricity supply and high poverty level. It strives to assist in the fight against poverty for the under privileged in its community of which rural women, the disabled and orphan children face the greatest difficulties. NAVTI's vision is to help under privileged women, children and the rural population live productive and peaceful lives.
Several programms are running:
- the consultancy program assists organizations, businesses and other individuals with the information they need in order to succeed in small enterprise development ventures,
- computer literacy program, this program offers marketable skills for employment, which is widely needed in the modern world to advance professionally. Its program targets the community level and secondary schools in rural areas in order to assist them become computer literate and gain employment or become self employed,
- women's program, with these programs, it collaborates with over 20 women's groups from different areas of the Bui Division organizing them, training them, assisting them write their projects and search for funding alternatives,
- health care, the NAVTI Foundation saw that the under privileged in its community had many problems when it came to their health needs. The Foundation's partner, Kismet Friendship Healthcare CIG, has visited many villages which lack basic health care services. It is NAVTI's plan to assist them financially in the creation of more health centers, to address the situations of the under privileged in those areas,
- children's program, it includes nursery school program, library program and counseling and guidance program,
- HIV/AIDS program and volunteer program.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.