ICA ECUADOREl Tiempo 114 Y El Commercio, Edificio Fray Gerundio 4a
|Contact person:||Mosquera, Cesar|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Social policy/disabled persons
ICA ECUADOR is a non-governmental organization (NGO) from South America. Helping indigenous local authorities mean their main programme, the major arenas of activities are: good governance, sustainable development, local capacity building, and organizational transformation. They do have two central concerns in their diverse programmes: to maximize the participation of people in the processes (building local capacity); and to strengthen participatory development planning within local authorities.
ICA ECUADOR´s mission is:
- to reach permanent improvements on the framework of public policy, within the local authorities participation planning processes,
- to reduce poverty and get better living conditions for our present and future generations.
These aims are tried to be reached by:
- strengthening mechanisms of citizen participation in local decision making,
- strengthening local authorities operative capacity to provide relevant leadership for the participatory planning process,
- enhancing gender equality,
- strengthening the role and capacity of stakeholders and civil society organizations for local decision making,
- enhancing intercultural development,
- improving institutional frameworks for participatory planning process,
- developing alternative technologies within civil society,
- developing strategic alliances for improvements in our service offering.
Their work philosophy derives from their gained experience, recognizing their mistakes and learning from them, they started to learn together with civil society how to guide a democracy process, how to enhance local governments, where people must come understand not only their rights but their responsibilities and the role they must play as members of civil society, from this point of view, their purpose is to strengthen civil society as a critical actor in public life, to reach permanent improvements on the framework of public policy.
Cesar Mosquera is the Executive Director of ICA-ECUADOR.
For other net participants we can offer an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.