Extended Hand Community Foundation (EHCOF)P.O.Box 154
|Phone No.:||+260 97 316608, +260 96 801745|
|Contact person:||Binwell Mumba|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The Extended Hand Community Foundation (EHCOF) is a Zambian Christian non-governmental and non-profit making organization (NGO) committed to strengthen the capacity of rural communities to meet their basic needs. It was established in April 2000 as a Community Based Organization (CBO) and legally registered Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in March 2004 and founded by Evangelist and social worker Mr. Binwell Mumba. EHCOF strive to give the community members the best of our service, expertise, assistance, advice, relevant and latest international information, technology, and creative excellence in all forms of communication. The organization began by emphasizing the need to develop the communities socially, physically and spiritually. The organization affirms the integrity and dignity of all people. The organization observes and works to promote partnership with the community and amongst the communities. Its objectives are:
- to identify and provide care and support for the orphans & vulnerable children while they are with their extended families, assisting them with basic needs including shelter depending on the organization's ability,
- to conduct human rights education and gender development programmes,
- to work in collaboration with the government agencies, the church, non-governmental organizations (NGO's) and other stakeholders,
- to conduct community awareness campaigns and education on the dangers of HIV/AIDS through home-based care project (HBC), awareness on alcohol and drug addiction and abuse, malaria awareness, prevention, control and other community based diseases,
- to promote sustainable livelihoods through sustainable agriculture & enterprise development, conduct environmental education encourage the formation of agricultural cooperatives as a strategy to improve group participation in agricultural development and promote household food security.
EHCOF's main activities are:
- to promote rural and community development through community health activities,
- promotion of human rights especially the rights of girls and women,
- agriculture and natural resource development programmes,
- HIV and AIDS activities,
- promotion life saving skills,
- spiritual care and support.
For other net participants we can offer an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.