WOMENS RIGHTS WATCH NIGERIA (WRW)28 Cooke Road
Benin City, Edo State
|Telefax:||+234 52 256257|
- Droits de l'Homme
- Condition + projet féminin
Women Rights Nigeria is a project of RUFARM (Roots and Fruits Women's Farmers Society of Nigeria) which was established in 1996. WRW campaigns for the elimination of gender related persecution of Nigerian Women:
- alerts civil society on any known violations of Women's Rights in Nigeria,
- renders free legal services to victims of gender abuse through its Legal Aid Clinic,
- has conducted a print media campaign in its national dailies and international electronic newsletters and the Internet,
- advocates and lobbies for law reform and the adoption of the UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) 1979 and the UN Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women 1993 as Nigerian Laws,
- advocates for gender equality and equity in Nigeria.
Due to high prevalence of gender persecution in the rural areas, RUFARM initiated the Women's Rights Watch and Free Legal Clinic and is presently involved in a national and international signature collecting petition.
Women Rights Watch member participated in the Women in Law and Development in Africa Capacity Building Programme on the Training of Trainers (TOT) Workshop on Legal Rights Education for Women by Paralegals supported by European Union Fund for WILDAF West Africa.
Mrs. Nogi Imoukhuede is the project co-ordinator of WRW Nigeria.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.