Youth Theatre Alternative '90Culture House Napredak 1869, Nikola Petrov 39
|Phone No.:||+359 619 33177|
|Contact person:||Hristov, Simeon|
- Overnight facilities
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Media project
The Youth Theatre Alternative '90 is a volunteer youth formation for education in the area of the theatre. The Theatre Alternative uses different forms of theatre in order to raise awareness about things that concern the young people of its town. In its work it includes socially disadvantaged children and tries to integrate them into the community. In addition to that, it tries to build and keep contact with foreign groups in order to spread tolerance and understanding for different ideas. It aims through the theatre to distribute positive aesthetic perceptions as well to direct the public opinion to important worldly problems. The theatre aims through acting and theatrical art to express the youth opinion on global questions such as pollution, drug abuse, violence, etc. By theatrical seasons the youth theatre is habituating to love art more than 70 boys and girls from different ages which are gathered in the following studios:
- drama theatre; in drama theater participate amateur actors more than 20 years old which present theatrical performances from well known Bulgarian authors on different subjectmatters.The group is awarded with the third award from the theatrical festival in Topolovgrad for the performance of the play "The last stop" by Hristo Boichev,
- children's theatrical studio; in this group participate children from 12 to 16 years which are trained in theatrical school for acting and who play sufficient for this age plays,
- studio for educational programs; this studio prepares and distributes theatrical programs and theatrical performances which are connected with and aid the educational activity in school as well as prepare performances for different celebrations,
- open-air theatre; for ecological saving of the planet,
- theatrical school; this school provides a wonderful opportunity for the people who desire to be trained in acting and to gather theatrical experience in different directions,
- studio satire, revue and ultra violet show,
- studio for working with children-orphans, semi-orphans, and children which are placed in social aid homes; the Youth Theatre has provided opportunity to these children to show their abilities on the big stage.
Simeon Hristov is the director of the theatre.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the following fields: theatre, youth work. We can realize exchange between youth groups from other countries and share experiences.