Institute for Dispute Resolution (IDR)7, NNPC Housing Complex Road, Ekpan P.O.Box 5111
332008 Warri, Delta State
|Telefon:||+234-8023411870, +234 (0)53 322240,
|Interlocuteur:||Innocent Akpotedja Adjenughure|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Politique de la paix
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Institute for Dispute Resolution (IDR) is a Nigerian based, not for profit, non- governmental organization established in 1999, for the purpose of peacebuilding, reconciliation and conflict resolution. IDR promotes, encourages and expedites conflict resolution, management and prevention. Its mission is to advance peaceful, effective, meaningful and rancor free conflict resolution. IDR's focus is primarily the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with particular reference to Nigeria and with a major emphasis on the South-South/Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
IDR is primarily involved in an enlightenment campaign and a few other services amongst the following:
- education of political leaders: one of the primary goals of IDR is to educate local, state and federal leaders about policies in the field of conflict resolution. IDR is working to set standards of practice and also help members deal with difficult questions such as confidentiality, the unauthorized practice of law and other emerging issues of vital importance in the field;
- shaping public opinions: IDR uses a wide range of communication channels to inform people about the field of conflict resolution and how to access services and resources. These include public presentations, media interviews, books, magazine articles, resource catalogues, videos and internet resources;
- professional development: IDR provides opportunities to meet other practitioners, learn new information and skills and also keep abreast of what is happening in the rapidly changing field of conflict resolution. The highlight of each year is IDR annual conference, that brings members together to network, address a wide range of cutting-edge issues and learn more about conflict resolution. IDR also offers periodic workshop, seminars and other educational and professional development opportunities;
- facilitation: IDR acts as an independent body to advise on and facilitate mediation in sensitive negotiations. It works in partnership with the judiciary, professional advisers and clients to settle legal, individual, family, community, public sector and business disputes, that have reached deadlock.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.